Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meet the Delegates: Andriana Herrera

Hey Everyone! My name is Andriana Herrera and I am in my second year of Grad school, majoring in Public Health. I was inspired to join this delegation after I met an advocate of health from Nicaragua; her experience was transcending and completely moving. I am embarking on this journey to learn about the issues that a neighboring country is presented with everyday, and how much of their problems are as a result of US policies. As a Public Health advocate, I am very interested in this country's social, political, economic, and health policies, which regretfully keeps this country in poverty with little hope for a better tomorrow. Finally, this trip will widen my horizon and allow me to help/ touch someone’s life or vice versa… I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment